Well-Cared For Brush Conditioning Shampoo
MAGIC IN A BOTTLE
WELL-CARED FOR, IS MAGIC IN A BOTTLE !! THIS PRODUCT IS ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL. I HAD SEVERAL BRUSHES ABOUT A YEAR OLD AND I USED THE WELL-CARED FOR SHAMPOO TO SEE IF THEY WOULD BE WORTH KEEPING. THERE WAS MAGIC RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY EYES. THEY NOW LOOK ALMOST NEW. WELL-CARED FOR BRUSH CONDITIONING SHAMPOO IS A MUST HAVE ! NO ONE SHOULD BE WITHOUT THIS MAGICAL, GREAT AND AMAZING PRODUCT. I KNOW THAT I WON'T EVER BE WITHOUT IT. I KEEP TWO BOTTLES AT ALL TIMES. LOVE IT, LOVE IT, A MUST HAVE IN MY MAKEUP CASE.
Amazing Brush Cleanser
I am ashamed to say that I had not been cleansing my baby buki brush as often as I could and the bristles were getting really stiff. I just used the Brush Conditioning Shampoo for the first time yesterday and it totally transformed my brush bristles from stiff to softened. I am really impressed with this product and intend to use it on a regular basis to keep my brushes cleaned and conditioned.
Wow my 5+ year old brushes are totally revitalized. I followed the instructions on the bottle and I would suggest naturally letting the brushes dry on a towel or flat surface. I make sure I put my brushes up high since I have a two year old that likes to sneak around quietly lol. I can't get over how nice these brushes feel after having them for some years and after just one wash (I did the soaking method) they feel like new!
My brushes never looked better!
I used to use baby shampoo to clean my makeup brushes and sponges, but bought this on a whim last year.
I have over 30 BE brushes, and I wash them once a week, and this bottle has lasted me a whole year! My brushes are soft, supple, and perform as well now as they did when they were brand new, some even perform better! (I wash ALL my brushes at the same time, whether they have been used or not, to make sure they stay conditioned. Natural fiber brushes perform best when they are clean and conditioned, as the bristles can dry out between uses. Especially if they have sat for a long time.)
Here is how I clean my brushes, and they are all in great shape:
1. I squeeze a dime sized amount of the shampoo in the palm of my hand.
2. I run the brush head under tepid/luke warm water just to moisten it. You don't want HOT water (it will dry out the bristles, just like with your hair) and you don't want it COLD (it won't lather well, and the lather needs to penetrate the bristles).
3. I dab the brush into the shampoo, and swirl it across the palm side of my fingers to build a lather. You don't need to mash the brush head with your fingertip, that will only damage the brush. I can wash at least 6 smaller brushes (eye color and liner brushes) with one dime size amount. Medium brushes I can do 3 or 4 easily, although for the largest and most dense brushes I use one dime size dollop per brush.
4. After I get a few brushes lathered, I rinse them under running water, with the brush head pointed DOWN in the direction of the water flow. This keeps the bristles from breaking or getting damaged and prevents shedding. I gently squeeze the water out of each brush head until there are no suds visible.
5. Once the brushes are fully rinsed, I reshape them with my finger tips and lay them flat to dry. You don't want to stand them up or the water will pool at the base of the brush head, which invites bacteria and also softens the glue that attaches the head to the handle. I usually dry my brushes on a microfiber mat (the kind you use for drying dishes on).
A must have for BE brushes
This shampoo is an absolute must-have for keeping your BE brushes clean and working in tiptop shape. It is gentle, effective, and so easy to use! Just a dab on the brush, a bit of water, work it in, and rinse while rubbing some more.
You'll be absolutely amazed at how much product (no matter what kind of product) comes out the first time you try it! I rubbed the soapy brush around on my palm to get it through all the fibers and my whole hand turned the color of my foundation! Not to mention the Mineral Veil, which is a product that sets your foundation. So it was set into my brush!
I now use this once every other week and my brush performs like new (or better) all the time.
1st time user very satisfied!
Wow! This made the bristles so soft, I hadn't realized they were getting so coarse but I could tell a HUGE difference. All my brushes dried overnight and held there shape, I was worried about fraying but didn't need to! In fact, it improved fraying. I am very satisfied with this product and will order it again and again.
Should be called Brush IMPROVER!
Holy moley! I bought this stuff mostly on faith from reading the other reviews. I am so glad I did. This stuff makes my brushes BETTER than when I first bought them. They are now so soft and fluffy and ... plush. That's the best word I can think of. Buy it. You won't regret it.
Thank goodness for this little bottle of shampoo! I got this shampoo/conditioner as part of my Get Started kit and it completely rejuvenated the other BE brushes I had. My lesson is learned to keep my brushes clean...This shampoo really helps to prolong the lives of brushes and keep them working effectively.
A Must Have!
I don’t think I can ever part from this product. I just love how my brushes feel after washing them with this shampoo, they feel soft and brand new! I have learned to fluff my brushes a couple of times while they’re drying—I have noticed that this helps reshape the brushes to their original shape.
I use this on my brushes and it's the best brush cleaner to use with the mineral make up. I used other products and finally broke down and bought BE's and glad I did. It made a world of difference in the cleaning of my brushes!