Well-Cared For Brush Conditioning Shampoo
Really essential...need this in Dubai too!
This is the best cleaner for my brushes -- the other one ('quick change') doesn't do it nearly as well!
Since I live in Dubai, I have to stock up every time I go back to States, but it's really effective and worth it...nothing else will clean your brush bristles/hairs as fast!
Every time I wash my brushes I let them dry for at least 24 hours (sometimes 36 hours) - once they're completely dry, they look and feel brand new...imagine all the makeup particles and skin cells that can build up in just a couple weeks (gross!)
I do a rinse/lather/ rinse to get the initial makeup out, then put some water in the sink with a bit of the shampoo and let it soak for 5-10 mins, then do a last lather/rinse to make sure no color is still coming out.
Really an essential :)
Makes brush care easier
Gotta confess I wasn't one of those chicks that cleaned their brushes a lot. After getting a new set, I decided I should take better care of them. Picked this up and it has definitely made brush care easier. The way I clean my brushes is like this: fill enough lukewarm water into a mug to cover the bottom and up sides a sliver, pour in a dime-sized amount of brush shampoo, fill the mug to near top with more lukewarm water. Put brushes in to soak, at least five to ten minutes, often longer, then remove them one by one and rinse under running lukewarm water to massage out any remaining color with hands. Lay flat on a towel to dry. This works incredibly well and isn't overly time-consuming. It removes powders, shadows, liner shadows, and even creamy make-up like the Buxom Stay-There shadow textures. The only thing it doesn't completely remove is the glitter. Not sure of a fix for that.
Ideally I'd like to wash my brushes once a week, but in reality that doesn't happen and often goes for much longer. Nonetheless, this shampoo has kept my brushes in great shape, doesn't smell of harsh chemicals, and I find it easy to use. I use this in tandem with the Quick Change Brush Cleaner and would rate both as must-haves for brush care. Highly recommend them both.
best brush cleaner ive ever tried!
This shampoo really cleans my BE brushes! A little goes a long way, but this stuff really works! A must-have if you want to keep your BE brushes clean.
MAGIC IN A BOTTLE
WELL-CARED FOR, IS MAGIC IN A BOTTLE !! THIS PRODUCT IS ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL. I HAD SEVERAL BRUSHES ABOUT A YEAR OLD AND I USED THE WELL-CARED FOR SHAMPOO TO SEE IF THEY WOULD BE WORTH KEEPING. THERE WAS MAGIC RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY EYES. THEY NOW LOOK ALMOST NEW. WELL-CARED FOR BRUSH CONDITIONING SHAMPOO IS A MUST HAVE ! NO ONE SHOULD BE WITHOUT THIS MAGICAL, GREAT AND AMAZING PRODUCT. I KNOW THAT I WON'T EVER BE WITHOUT IT. I KEEP TWO BOTTLES AT ALL TIMES. LOVE IT, LOVE IT, A MUST HAVE IN MY MAKEUP CASE.
Amazing Brush Cleanser
I am ashamed to say that I had not been cleansing my baby buki brush as often as I could and the bristles were getting really stiff. I just used the Brush Conditioning Shampoo for the first time yesterday and it totally transformed my brush bristles from stiff to softened. I am really impressed with this product and intend to use it on a regular basis to keep my brushes cleaned and conditioned.
Wow my 5+ year old brushes are totally revitalized. I followed the instructions on the bottle and I would suggest naturally letting the brushes dry on a towel or flat surface. I make sure I put my brushes up high since I have a two year old that likes to sneak around quietly lol. I can't get over how nice these brushes feel after having them for some years and after just one wash (I did the soaking method) they feel like new!
My brushes never looked better!
I used to use baby shampoo to clean my makeup brushes and sponges, but bought this on a whim last year.
I have over 30 BE brushes, and I wash them once a week, and this bottle has lasted me a whole year! My brushes are soft, supple, and perform as well now as they did when they were brand new, some even perform better! (I wash ALL my brushes at the same time, whether they have been used or not, to make sure they stay conditioned. Natural fiber brushes perform best when they are clean and conditioned, as the bristles can dry out between uses. Especially if they have sat for a long time.)
Here is how I clean my brushes, and they are all in great shape:
1. I squeeze a dime sized amount of the shampoo in the palm of my hand.
2. I run the brush head under tepid/luke warm water just to moisten it. You don't want HOT water (it will dry out the bristles, just like with your hair) and you don't want it COLD (it won't lather well, and the lather needs to penetrate the bristles).
3. I dab the brush into the shampoo, and swirl it across the palm side of my fingers to build a lather. You don't need to mash the brush head with your fingertip, that will only damage the brush. I can wash at least 6 smaller brushes (eye color and liner brushes) with one dime size amount. Medium brushes I can do 3 or 4 easily, although for the largest and most dense brushes I use one dime size dollop per brush.
4. After I get a few brushes lathered, I rinse them under running water, with the brush head pointed DOWN in the direction of the water flow. This keeps the bristles from breaking or getting damaged and prevents shedding. I gently squeeze the water out of each brush head until there are no suds visible.
5. Once the brushes are fully rinsed, I reshape them with my finger tips and lay them flat to dry. You don't want to stand them up or the water will pool at the base of the brush head, which invites bacteria and also softens the glue that attaches the head to the handle. I usually dry my brushes on a microfiber mat (the kind you use for drying dishes on).
A must have for BE brushes
This shampoo is an absolute must-have for keeping your BE brushes clean and working in tiptop shape. It is gentle, effective, and so easy to use! Just a dab on the brush, a bit of water, work it in, and rinse while rubbing some more.
You'll be absolutely amazed at how much product (no matter what kind of product) comes out the first time you try it! I rubbed the soapy brush around on my palm to get it through all the fibers and my whole hand turned the color of my foundation! Not to mention the Mineral Veil, which is a product that sets your foundation. So it was set into my brush!
I now use this once every other week and my brush performs like new (or better) all the time.
1st time user very satisfied!
Wow! This made the bristles so soft, I hadn't realized they were getting so coarse but I could tell a HUGE difference. All my brushes dried overnight and held there shape, I was worried about fraying but didn't need to! In fact, it improved fraying. I am very satisfied with this product and will order it again and again.