Exfoliating Treatment Cleanser
Cleanses better than anything else I have tried
I was really shocked by this product. I was skeptical that a powder could cleanse my face better than a liquid cleanser. Its amazing though. It does take some getting used to, there is no guideline on how to mix the powder with water so it takes a little trial and error to figure out how much of each to use. Its better to start off with very little water. I love that I can fly with this product and not have to worry about it being liquid. When I used liquid cleansers my face would seem clean and then I would dry my face and find make up left on my towels, not the case here. Plus, after cleansing my face isn't left feeling dry and in need of serious moisturizer. Plus I can use it as a mask. Its a great multitasking product, and even though your not supposed to use it on your eyes, it takes my mascara off!
Greatest Cleanser Ever!
I absolutely love this cleanser. I tried it once, and it tore the layers of my skin off. I went back to the boutique to return it, and they advised me to wait several days before trying it again, and not to use it the morning after I use the glow pads. Ever since, my skin has looked brighter and felt softer than ever. For those of you that have sensitive skin and have the glow pads, don't use this cleanser every day, because it would be too much exfoliation. Otherwise, this cleanser is best used in the morning!
Never using another exfoliator
I have the biggest issues with my pores so I thought the tougher the exfoliate, the better. I did not realize that the harsh products I used before were actually making MORE problems for my skin. It took some getting used to with this powder because I had always used liquids before. Once I figured out the just-right mixture of powder and water I was shocked at how incredibly gentle but effective this product is. My skin is much smoother and my pores are smaller instead of more irritated! I know why this product gets such amazing reviews...I can't imagine using any other exfoliate now. It is gentle enough to use everyday. It is a permanent part of my skincare routine.
I love to use this as a mask for a deep cleaning twice a week. I put a good layer on my tee zone and a light layer on the rest of my face. Perfect for in the shower with the steam. My pores are tight, clean and my skin looks brighter.
leaves my skin so smooth
using it twice a day and it is terrific. expected it to be too harsh to use twice a day but it is not. leaves my skin like I want it to be.
Love this product!
I don't usually write reviews for products, but I am so pleased with this one that I had to give feedback. I have never found a cleanser, high end or low end, that has quit met my expectations and/or needs. I was quite skeptical about this cleanser but was feeling adventurous and bought it on a whim......that was a great move. I have combo skin that goes to extremes......super oily in the t-zone, extra dry and sensitive in other areas. My skin tone also tends to be splotchy and red and my pores across my nose and cheeks are huge....embarrasingly so. I wasn't even looking for cleanser, but a sales rep suggested it (I think she saw that I really needed this). I am so pleased with the outcome! My pores have been reduced so much so that they don't bother me anymore. My face seems to make it longer through the day without getting oily and my dry areas are not irritated and flaky anymore. My skin tone has evened out dramatically! Other reviewers commented about feeling like they could go without make-up and their skin glowing and I could not agree more! Others complained about the smell of the product but it is rice powder....it smells like rice powder and is free of perfume. I wouldn't say that it smells good, but it certainly doesn't smell bad. This is a little more than I like to spend on cleansers because they don't typically deliver. But, since this product does so much for me, I am willing to pay a little more for it. Love the product, glad I caved to my whim!
Exfoliating Treatment Cleanser
Use a little water and product at a time to find the texture you like. It's not rough or harsh at all! This smooths out the rough spots! I like to combine this with the Deep Foam Cleanser in the morning. It provides a great base for your BE!
Greatest pore reduction treatment ever!
This is by far my favorite skin care item from Bare Minerals. It is a dry powder that you can use in so many ways to treat your skin. It has become a part of my daily skin care routine, and I have seen tremendous results from this product. I have sensitive skin, so it is hard for me to find something that can cleanse my skin well, but at the same time not irritate me. I also have large pores across my cheeks and nose. This Exfoliating Treatment Cleanser has refined the texture of my skin, making it look brighter and more youthful, as well as reducing the size of my pores to the point that their appearance no longer bothers me. Yea!!!
Here's an outline of my daily routine -
1. In the shower, I apply refined organic coconut oil to remove my makeup by slathering on my face, then remove by using a wet wipe. Works great to clean waterproof eye makeup, and doesn't sting my eyes or my skin. I use this because I have yet to find any other makeup remover that does not irritate my skin or eyes. I wear contacts, so of course I remove them before undergoing this process. As long as the oil is cleared away properly, there have been no problems using this and wearing contacts.
2. Apply Bare Minerals Purifying Facial Cleanser, massage in, and rinse face. I have a dry towel handy just outside the shower I use to remove most of the excess water from my skin and hands. I then pour a half-dollar size amount of the Exfoliating Treatment Cleanser into my mostly dry hand, and add a few drops of water and work into the cleanser until a very thick paste is formed - it only takes a couple of drops.
3. Apply paste to face like a mask, working in circular motions, and being careful not to get face wet.
4. I then go about my shower while leaving the mask on, so it's on my face for a good 10 minutes. The instructions on the Cleanser say it can be used as a face mask occasionally, but I use it this way daily, and I have had no irritation. In fact, I believe my skin has greatly benefited from using this Cleanser as a daily mask.
5. Before I rinse the Exfoliating Treatment Cleanser completely off my face, I add just a little water so the cleanser becomes "workable", and then give myself a facial massage, concentrating on the areas where my pores had been a problem, working in a gentle circular motion. I work this in for a good two minutes.
6. Rinse, dry, then go about the rest of my skin care routine after shower - I also use the Active Cell Renewal Serum, Multi-Wrinkle Repair, Moisturizer, and Pure Transformation Night Treatment.
Other ways I use the Exfoliating Treatment Cleanser -
1. After cleansing skin, I have combined the powder with coconut oil instead of water and used this as a moisturizing facial mask.
2. If I am in a hurry, I will skip the mask routine and combine the Exfoliating Treatment Cleanser with the liquid Purifying Facial Cleanser instead of water, and wash my face with this combination.
3. If I have a blemish, which is fortunately a rare occurrence now, I will combine a small amount of this cleanser with Bare Minerals' acne treatment powder and a teeny tiny drop of water to create a paste, then apply it to the blemish overnight. Wake up in the morning, wash face, and blemish will be greatly reduced or gone.
My skin has never looked better. It is luminous, soft, and I have far less breakouts now (only around that time of the month). I really think this routine has taken 5 years off my appearance. I'm almost 40, but you'd never know by looking at my skin!
Thanks Bare Minerals for making the ONLY product to ever work on reducing the appearance of my pores!
Surprisingly great face cleanser
I got the BE trial skin care set as a gift. I was really surprised and a little hesitant about the powder form of this face cleanser. I had never heard of anything like it. I really like this product. It removes all traces of my mineral foundation and other face products. It doesn't dry my skin out and the powder gently exfoliates. My skin looks brighter and more luminous than it ever has.. and it's winter! Unheard of!
A Converted Proactive User
I LOVE IT AND I'M NEVER GOING BACK. This is the first product to get me off of using Proactive after a 7 year habit. I have horrible acne and Proactive was fine until I reached my 30's, then it started to distroy my sensitive skin. I haven't needed anything but the Exfoliating Treatment Cleanser and the associated travel kit and my skin is better and clearer than ever in my life. Yes it took about a month to have my face stop exploding but my skin is healthier than ever and I love it. This is also the most cost friendly cleanser that Bare Minerals makes. When it says to use wet hands and a small amount. For me this means about a teaspoon and soaking wet hands and I have the perfect amount.